One of the goals of our network is to regularly organize workshops. During these workshops we will discuss the new developments in our field. The dates of the upcomming and a short info about the past and current workshops will be presented here.
- A completely updated website was placed online.
12-03-2012 Young Nano Meeting
The next meeting of the Young Nano Scientists will take place on the evening prior to the 'BMBF Clustertreffen der NanoCare- NanoNature-Projekte' in Frankfurt am Main at the DECHEMA-House which takes place at March 13 and 14, 2012.
The meeting will start around 17:00.
- Let us know if you want to give a presentation during our meeting! The goal is as always to have presentations about specific recent findings or problems encountered in your research. A vivid discussion about the presentations is always aimed for.
- Invitation and Call for Abstracts (PDF)
- Report of the meeting (PDF)
21-09-2011 Young Scientists' Workshop 'Field Application of nZVI'
The meeting consists of three main presentations of each 10 - 15 minutes followed by a discussion round of 15 - 20 minutes for each presentation. The discussion rounds will for example elaborate on the applicability of the presented methods and results towards field applications.
A detailed program is also available for download: Program (PDF)
- Column test with Carbo-Iron
Jan Busch (University of Potsdam)
- Application of nZVI in alpine porous aquifers
Susanne Laumann (University of Vienna)
- Upscaling / transfer of lab experiments into field
André Matheis (University of Stuttgart)
- After the lunch there is time for bilateral discussions and a show-and-tell in the research facilities of VEGAS.
- A short report looking back on the meeting has been written an can be downloaded here (PDF, Language: German)
- The official website and mailing list came online.
08-10-2010 Young Scientists' Workshop 'Nano-Micro'
The program of this workshop can also be found here. In short, during this workshop five PhD-students presented their current work which then led to a groupwise discussion about their presented topic. The topics covered were:
- Numerical Modelling
Jaroslav Nosek, ARTEC, Research Centre, Liberec, Czech Republic:
Numerical modeling of nanoiron transport properties
- Carbo-Iron / Combined Particles
Steffen Bleyl, Helmholtz-Zentrum für Umweltforschung, Leipzig, Germany:
Carbo-Iron - Tailored synthesis of a new composite material and impacts of the characteristic properties for in situ ground-water treatment
- Batch Experiments / Effects of Transportation Improvers on Reactivity
Milica Velimirovic, VITO - Flemish Institute for Technological Research, Mol, Belgium:
CAHs dechlorination - efficiency of MZVI particles stabilized by different stabilizers
- Fate of Engineered Colloids in the Environment
Anika Braun, Department of Engineering Geology and Hydrogeology, RWTH Aachen:
Mobility of engineered nanoparticles in saturated and variable saturated porous media
- Field Applications
Silvia Comba, DITAG, Politechnico di Torino, Italia:
A comparison between field applications of nano, micro and millimetric zero-valent iron for the remediation of contaminated aquifers